The Kinshasa Temple will be the fourth temple built in Africa for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; it will be the first LDS temple in Central Africa. The building will include one ordinance room, one sealing room, a baptistry, and celestial room.
Choosing a neighborhood redeveloped for the 1998 Lisbon World Exposition, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints plans its Portugal temple to have a limestone exterior. The building will include two instruction rooms, one sealing room, a baptistry, and celestial room.
The sixth temple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to be built in Central America, this two-story structure features an exterior of gray granite that was quarried in China.
Constructed in the early 1980s, the Mexico City Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is comprised of structural steel braced frame and concrete shear walls. Although the structure performed adequately during an earthquake in 1985, fears of a closer seismic source prompted a comprehensive seismic evaluation of the building in 2005.
Dedicated in 1919, the Laie Temple was the first temple The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints built outside of Utah and outside the continental United States.
The Payson Temple is the third built in Utah County and helps to meet the needs of growing membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The second temple to be built in Colorado, the structure was designed to reflect the distinct architecture of the Fort Collins area. Although unique in style, the temple is like other LDS houses of worship, with rooms for ordinances, marriage sealings, a baptistery, and a celestial room.
Spanning eight acres of land, the Cedar City Temple is the 159th operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the 17th LDS temple in Utah. It serves church members in southern Utah and parts of Eastern Nevada. The design team looked to the architecture of historic buildings in surrounding communities as well as pioneer temples for architectural inspiration.
Dedicated in 1898, the Provo Tabernacle was an impressive structure of its time, featuring octagonal towers at all four corners, a high-pitched roof, exquisite woodwork, and room to seat 1,500. For the next century, the building hosted U.S. presidents, musical performances, school commencements, interfaith gatherings, and community events.